Monday, May 3, 2010

Truck has given up the ghost.

This morning I parked my truck in front of the claim centre at ICBC and was soon driving it inside to be told that there were no adjusters available for me as I didn't have an appointment. The receptionist was very efficient and called the manager who in turn found an adjuster who was available to take my statement and an hour later I was on my merry way. They will handle everything from their end. The truck had started acting up a couple to 3 days ago and this morning it would miss and wouldn't accelerate properly, so we decided to put some fuel additives in since we had put some US fuel in 2 week ends ago and thought maybe that was the problem. We went out for breakfast and afterwards, put the additive to the test and reved the motor up to 80 kms on a side street and low and behold, our baby decided it was tired and stopped; didn't want to move. Tried and tried to start it, but no go. Got it towed to the Ford dealership and apparently the fuel pump needs to be replaced and it needs a good tune up, including new spark plugs and transmission flushing. So, $2300.00 estimate later we walked out without our baby. The lady at the dealership felt so bad, she gave us a loaner truck for free. Needless to say, our trip is being delayed by 2 days. MJ is still hopeful that we can leave tomorrow afternoon. Hope she is right.

2 comments:

  1. I don't follow. If the truck needs a new fuel pump etc, what were you doing at ICBC???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too complicated for you to follow? Let me know, I can try to simplify it - like not writing anything. lol

    ReplyDelete