Friday, June 18, 2010

June 17 - Thursday

Haven't been doing much in the past few days. However, one very sad event has happened in our family.--- My bro went to see a neurologist and pass a bunch of tests on Wednesday in Moncton. He was loosing muscles and his strength. He was diagnosed with ALS. All of us are very shocked by this diagnose. The Doctor told him he could live from 2 to 5 years. My research on the net says the same thing. Albert sort of knew this could be ALS. It all started about a year and a half ago and got worse in time. He has to pass more test, but looks like it will be the same result. I have been looking on the net to find something positive about this disease and nothing yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi you two,

    so sorry to hear the bad news about Albert. What a shock!!
    It must be hard not having all the information at this point. Hopefully he's feeling well enough so that you are able to enjoy your visit.

    So what's this about your back injury? Did I miss something?

    And YES, please give us a bit of a rundown on the Goullette family tree. I, for one, am getting confused ( tho' that's not new!)

    love and hugs to you both,
    Kathy.

    Ps give me a cLl on my cell sometime. I'm rarely home before 7, so cell between 4 & 7 is probably best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leona - we're so sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete